Thursday, September 10, 2015

Mexican Standoff

I started out the day working from home. Once I clocked out, I played a solo game of Flip City. I won easily. I think it works better as a non-solo game.
Cody was working karaoke for me, so I was able to hang with Liz and the gang and go to trivia. After the slog of questions, I started to set up...

Ca$h 'n Gun$ 3-6 players
Liz got this game for me before it got reprinted and was a lot harder to find. Ain't she great? It's a game that lets you point foam guns at your friends (or enemies) and grab a bunch of cash if you're lucky (or forgettable). I never win this game. It's a game where you choose who to point your gun at and you can only point at one person each round. I tend to be a target in most games I play since I win a lot of other games and since I know the rules best. With this game, I can literally be their target. At least one or two of the rounds all the guns point at me (not including mine). I love the game, but it still drives me crazy that I still get all the bullets when I had no mathematical way of winning anyway
Our first game started a little slowly. Raeann wasn't comfortable with the rules, but she figured it out. There were two rounds where all the guns pointed at me. I ducked out both times, but lucky the pot was never that big or wasn't able to split very evenly. I actually won the game. Raeann wanted to play again and I was happy to oblige. The guns were blazing this time. Again, no one died, but there were a lot of shots fired. The last round was really between Sarah, Raeann and me. I pointed at Rae, Rae at Sarah, and Sarah at me. Since Raeann had a Bang Bang Bang card, she shot first and killed Sarah before I could get shot. This left me free to shoot Raeann. The final pot was mine and Liz's. I won again.
This is a great game, if you don't mind pointing foam guns at people. I have a hard time getting it on the table since it plays best with 4 or more, but Becky really dislikes it. Maybe she'd like it better if I got the expansion with samurai swords.

We didn't want to head home yet so I broke out Codenames. We played two games. Rae and I were teamed up and the sisters teamed up. Rae and I won both games. The last game was probably the closest. So the game works with slightly inebriated people.

Tally: 105/171  Bonus: 26/50

No comments: