Friday, April 10, 2015

What Now?!


What is the plan?
Play every tabletop game I own within a years time (April 11, 2015 - April 10, 2016). Then write about it here.

Why am I doing this?
A number of reasons. I enjoyed doing Eat Me in 2014, but it was a huge burden on my time. This is going to be just like that, and yet nothing like that at all. The only things that are similar are the blog and the year timeline. I don't need to play a game everyday. I'd love to do that, but I don't have the time for it or the friends that have the time for it. I don't even own 365 games... yet. I could play multiple games in one day or no games all week. I also don't have to blog about it before the day ends either. Much more freeing.
I did something similar to this (without the blog) when I started getting into tabletop gaming. I played all 51 games I owned in a month. It was a way to get myself to play all my games, even the duplicates. After that, I got rid of the duplicates and made room for other new games and this blog is the same. It's a way for me to play the games I never get to and keep things fresh. Any games I don't play I'll ditch. I don't see it coming to that. I'm quite anal when it comes to these things.

What games do I own?
All of the games are listed here.

Anything else?
I'll be keeping a tally at the bottom of every post. I don't plan on getting any games while doing this, but I have a few coming through Kickstarter and I can't not see people getting me games as presents. Who am I kidding? I'll crack at some point and buy more games, but at the very least writing about games will slow the spigot. There is also a Bonus category which represents the games I played that I don't own or card games that use only a regular deck of cards. I feel like I should be able to get this up to 50. There are plenty of solo card games to buff it up if things get tight.

Tally: 0/147  Bonus: 0/50

No comments: