Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Flipping Out

We just recently started back up with our Tuesday night bowling. I really wanted to knock one more game off the list so I grabbed the smallest game I had.

Coin Age 2 players
Microgame! I think this is pretty cool. It's the kind of game that I would have played non-stop as a kid. You can fit it in you wallet and the tokens are just currency. Each player starts with 89 cents. On a players turn, they flip one of each type of coin they have. Depending on how they land, you can add coins to the card sized map, move them, or remove them. Only smaller coins can go on top of larger coins. You want to control as much of the map as possible. The game ends when the map is filled or one player runs out of coins. Values are based on coins size, so quarters are worth 4 points and dimes are worth 1. Also the values are doubled if you are controlling the region. If you have any coins left in the bank they are 1 point each. The only problem with the game is that it's so small I forget I have it.
We played this while we were waiting for the other team to fix their scores from a lane error. It was a close one. Liz ended the game by placing all her coins. She beat me by one point. If only I had one more turn.

Tally: 109/171  Bonus: 26/50

No comments: