Saturday, April 2, 2016

Fox in a Box

We all got together to play games at the Rancho. We started with a game of Oh My Goods. I I can remember I one both games, but I was happiest with my second game where I finally broke the 24 point barrier I could never seem to crack.
After that we got to a game I had gotten Becky for her birthday...

Linko! 2-5 players
This is a simple card game. The deck contains cards number 1 through 13, eight of each, and 5 wild cards. players start with 13 cards. on a player's turn they play any X-of-a-kind. They set they play is compared to every other players top set in turn. If there set played is of an equal X value and of a larger card number, then the player can steal the set or pass. The target, if passed can take the set and throw it away or put it back in their hand. If stolen or trashed, the target then grabs card to add to their hand from the display in the middle of the table (6 cards and a face down pile). If a player empties their hand or the display gets completely emptied, then the game ends. One point is earned for a card played and one point is lost for a card left in hand. Greater score wins.
We played a 3-player and 5 player game. I one the three player game . The 5-player game was pretty close and nearly can to having the display be emptied, but Liz was able to empty her hand first and won by about 5 points.
At first look this game is a bit drab, but after playing it and getting into the groove, it was pretty entertaining. I'm just glad Becky ended up liking it. She even claimed she might like it more than Diamonds, which is exactly what I was going for.

We followed that with a 6 player game of 7 Wonders and then a 4 player game of Splendor. Each of which was won by Carl. The last one depressingly so.
We took a break from game to eat the food that nearly set the house on fire.
To cap off the night we played a number of game of Mascarade. It was a laugh riot. The expansion made it even cooler. Two of the guests got pictures of the game so they'd remember to keep an eye out for it or purchase it later.

Tally: 188/189  Bonus: 60/50

No comments: