Saturday, January 9, 2016

Belated

My parents are in town to see the house and to celebrate our own Xmas. After exchanging presents in the morning we headed out into the world to get food. We stopped a 2 places that where still closed and decided to just go to the Clubhouse. We brought along the game my parents got me, ...

Dutch Blitz 2-4 players
My parents happened to see this and they knew I wouldn't already have it, so they got it. It plays a little like a mix of Solitaire and Speed. Each player starts with their own individual colored back deck. Each deck contains 40 cards labeled in 4 colors and numbered 1-10 in each color. The blue and red cards are labeled with boys and the green and yellow cards are labeled with girls. Each player shuffles their deck, then places 3 face up cards down, and then 10 stacked face up cards next to them. The stack of 10 is called the Blitz pile. The remaining cards make up the wood pile. The game now mostly plays like Solitaire. Each player can move up any 1s to the public center area. After, they can also move up any consecutive same colored cards to the public area. They can place any consecutive descending cards on the 3 cards first played as long as they alternate boy girl. If players get stuck, they can draw three cards from the wood pile to use. The Blitz pile is always open to use from and is never added to. Once a player has no cards left in the Blitz pile, the round ends with them yelling "Blitz!" and everyone stops. Every player earns a point for every card they played in the public area and loses 2 points for every card in their Blitz pile. Rounds continue until someone gets 75 points. Highest score wins.
We actually played wrong first. We were adding the wood cards to the Blitz pile when stuck. This didn't go anywhere. I check the rules and fixed the error. It was much more intense when played correctly. Throughout the entire game only Mo or I every Blitzed. I tended to fair much worse when I didn't Blitz which meant my mom won.
I'm usually not a fan of speed games. I hate the game Speed. This one works for me, but I don't think I wouldn't every play this with just 2 players. Liz is certain that Sarah will gobble this game up.

Later in the day Liz, my dad, and I played a game of Cribbage. My dad handley beat us. His strategy? Clean Living.

Tally: 162/183  Bonus: 42/50

No comments: