Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hopping to It

I woke up to a text message today. It was Becky letting me know she had won Stone Age that morning with a score of 178. I'm really glad she likes it.
When Liz got home from work I was starving so she suggested the Hawthorne Hophouse and...

Cribbage 2-4 players 
I'm not really sure when I started playing cribbage. Probably sometime in college during one of those relaxing days sitting in a cabin near Lake Superior. I've never learned how to play more than a 2 player game and I almost always forget if you need the shared card in order to score a flush. I taught Liz one day and she truly enjoys it. When we go out to eat, I'd say we bring cribbage at least a quarter of the time. She still misses points in her hand now and then, but I don't play to steal her points. That's just mean. I had a computer program once and it played that way. I never once won against it. I swear it was rigged. I hated that thing with a burning passion eventually.
 
This game was pretty even keel for a large majority. In the end, Liz got a number of break-away scoring opportunities and she pounced on them. I could blame my loss on being exhausted from the 30 mile bike ride I went on in the morning, but she beat me fair and square. She even caught 2 points I missed.

Tally: 8/147  Bonus: 2/50

No comments: