Sunday, January 24, 2016

Anything Sells If It Sounds Dirty

We gathered together at the parent's house to have dinner and play games. I got picked up by Sarah since Liz didn't get off work until 6. When we got there, Becky was ready to play a game and Sarah suggested Dutch Blitz. I started out horribly and Becky started out okay. After about 6 rounds I was able to shake off my bad luck and went quickly from -30 points to winning the game.
By this time, Thom was up and about and Carol had gotten back from the grocery store. Thom named the the next game to play.

Fact or Crap 3-8 players
Crap. It's a fact that this game is crap. I got it as a present, I think. It's a trivia game where you make quick bets on whether information is true or false. Everyone starts with 8 tokens. The youngest player reads 3 T/F questions. After each, player's secretly play cards with their answer. If correct, the player gains a token. If wrong, they lose a token. If you were first to answer, that doubles the reward or penalty. Once a card is finished, the player to left reads the next card. Occasionally the reader draws a Rush Hour card. They pick one person to answer 5 T/F questions. If correct, they get a token. If wrong, the reader gets a token. Once the tokens run out, the game ends and the player with the most tokens wins.
I have never wanted to slap Becky more than when I played this game. She made it very obvious she hated the game. When she read questions, she made it obvious what the answer was and tended to give the answer before Thom was able to play an answer. She also tried her best to hide tokens from the box. Everyone else played like a normal human being. Once the game finally ended, I was one token shy of tying Sarah for the win.
I am completely with Becky on this. They game is horrible and I'll most likely never play it again. A lot of the questions are pretty absurd. I think there was only one question that I wasn't completely guessing on.

After dinner, we played a 5-player game of Paperback. It went on a little long, but everyone enjoyed it. I won, but I was only 2 or 3 points ahead of Liz and Sarah.
We finished up by teaching the parents Dutch Blitz. I sat out to keep score and make sure they were following the rules. Carol nearly won, but lost her touch in the final round allowing Liz to take the glory.

Tally: 169/185  Bonus: 43/50

No comments: