Sunday, March 6, 2016

Alone On A Ship

I had plenty of time to kill and very little to do today. I filled a little of it with laundry and a haircut. Once all that was done, I found a show to watch on Netflix and a solo game to play. So I turned on Colombo and played...
Solitaire 1 player
I don't remember the last time I played a physical version of this game. I rarely play digital versions of it. This is the standard solo game. It's literately named for it. I only know the basic version, but I feel like my cousin once was on a mission to win every variant of Solitaire. I'm not sure she ever finished.
I lost the first 3 games. I won the last. That's about it.
If I'm going to play a solo game, it's probably going to be a video game, so this is utterly stupid. However I am interested in a themed version of this game called SOS Titanic. It mostly plays the same, but it comes with a picture book to represent the ship and as the ship sinks, the pages turn and the amount of stacks you have get reduced and piled on top of one another. You also have player powers and can play it two player. I wish I had picked it up off Kickstarter when I had the chance.

Once Liz got off work, we headed out for dinner and went to the old Gladstone Pizza. We intended to play CV, but Liz left it at home. It was fine since they have a bunch of crappy game there. We went with a classic.

Battleship 2 players
I know we had this one when I was a kid, but I never much cared for it. It was just so drawn out.
We stayed pretty even for most of the game. I ended up winning, but that could easily be disputed. There were a few torpedoes that Liz launched that didn't get processed properly. Either because the lights were low and Liz miss read the board or the place was to loud and I miss heard the command.
This was probably the worst game to play for that reason. Hanabi may have been worse to play. There is extra room in the box so maybe they could add some tiny flashlights. I can see this game been a little more fun if it was done by text message.

Tally: 180/185  Bonus: 46/50

No comments: