Friday, May 8, 2015

Working On Our Résumés

After Liz got home from some errands she suggested we play one of her favorites.

CV 2-4 players
I saw a play through of this game on Rahdo's Youtube channel. It's basically the theme of the Game of Life mixed with the dice mechanic of Yahtzee. You roll dice to gain cards that represent events in your life. These events can help or hurt you by having you roll extra dice or paying extra symbols to keep the cards. After I saw the video, I knew Liz would love it. I had seen in online forums that it was one of the harder games to find in the States. I had planned to order it online somewhere and give it to Liz as a birthday present in a few months. When I saw it on the shelves of Rainy Day Games it was an instabuy. It is just as great as it seemed and Liz does love it even if she almost never wins. Now that I think about it, most of the games she loves she rarely wins.
Since we were playing today with only the two of us, we agreed to not include the expansion Gossip. It makes the game a little more cutthroat. As usual Liz didn't do so well. I came out amazingly: 89 to 29. The dice just seem to hate her. After the cards were cleared, Liz wondered if the game would ever treat her as a friend. She wants to not like the game, but she knows she'll always come back to it. Could this be considered physiological domestic abuse?

Any other day and we would have played a few more games, but we had a TMBG concert to go to. It was great.

Tally: 32/152  Bonus: 7/50

No comments: