Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Spun

I was ready to knock another game off the list. After we ate and finished watching some TV I got out...

Word Spin 1-8 players
This is a game, that we never use as a game. It's more of a toy that we leave on the bookcase. Every now and then we change the message dialed in on it for the other to notice. I even used in in my proposal. We've only actually played it once. It's okay, but it's better as a clunky non-postable behind-the-scenes Post-It note. Each player gets 4 dials. Each dial has 10 letters on it. Players simultaneously race to create a 4 letter word. Once someone does, they call "Word Spin!" and everyone has 5-10 seconds to finish. Starting with the caller, all words and words within words are scored. No word can get scored twice in the game. After words are scored, players exchange all their dials to the other players and the next round starts. Similar things repeat for 6 rounds. Highest score wins.
It was a close game until the fifth round when I scored nothing. Liz took the cake. It still remains a poor game, but a great tchochkey.

We then played Roll for the Galaxy. I had just gotten the Ambition expansion and wanted to test it out. I also wanted to play because the expansion made me realize that we were playing two rules wrong. It was a pretty close game. We each score an objective (part of the expansion). I won by about 6 points.

Tally: 172/185  Bonus: 43/50

No comments: