Sunday, April 26, 2015

Cyanide Capsules Not Included

Carol and the daughters were still having her birthday celebration today. We were going to go to a nice Italian restaurant, but the plans were changed last minute and it was changed to games and pizza at their place. Hurrah-ish! We started with another game of Stone age. Me, Becky, Carl and Darrin. It was pretty close, but Becky just wouldn't let go of her lead. Becky also knows when to leave because she left before we started...

Phase 10 2-6 players


Ugh! Why 10 phases? It would be better as Phase 5 or 6. In this card game you each have a hand of 10 cards. You draw a card then discard a card. You can play cards from your hand when you have completed the goal of the phase you're on (usually runs and "of-a-kind"s).  You can also play cards to continue another player's phase like in rummy. Once a player empties their hand the round ends. Those who finished their phase move to the next phase and those who didn't stay at the same phase. This continues until someone finishes ALL 10 PHASES. It takes forever. What's worse is once we broke the 6 player limit and had an 8 player game going. This took even longer. From my memory, I tend to win this game a lot. I think I'm just very driven to have this game end. Other people like it so I still play it when it pops out.
This was a 7 player game. I remember very little of it. It was a very traumatic experience.  I'm trying to forget as much as I can. I actually ended with a headache, and we didn't even finish the game. I think the highest phase anyone got to was phase 8. With the fewest points, Tom had the victory, but the real winner was Becky for never playing in the first place. Congratulations, Becky.

Tally: 26/151  Bonus: 6/50

No comments: