Sunday, May 17, 2015

Goin' Solo

I needed to pass some time alone so I played some solo games.

Roll For It! Express 1 player
This is a tiny solo game I got for free during Tabletop Day 2014. It's based of the game Roll for It! In the game, you roll 6 six dice Yahtzee style. You try to fill up the card on four point levels (4, 6, 8, and 12)  If you add too many dice to one level you take negative points and if you don't fill every level by the third roll you take negative points for the remaining pips.
It's a very stupid game. There is very little point to it. That's mainly because it's a solo game. I did eventually get the full 30 points. I didn't feel very excited about winning. I do like the tiny dice.

Down and Out 1+ players
A.K.A. Shut the Box. This is a crappy version of Can't Stop when I think about it. You roll two die and knock off a sum of numbers equal to the sum of the dice. You try to knock out all the numbers. I only have it because my parents had a version that I loved as a kid. I liked it because it was a solo game and I didn't always have other people to play with. I got a version sometime later. It doesn't hold up to my childhood memories. With more players it's just a bunch of solo games back to back.
I eventually did knock out all the numbers on this one too. I was even less excited. I do like the stylized numbers. It's not as action pack as the box implies.

Tally: 45/152  Bonus: 12/50

No comments: