Tuesday, May 5, 2015

You Can Be A Winner

When I got home, Liz was already there. Normally she's still at work by then. Since we had some time before going to bowling, I suggested we play one of the games we hide behind the other games on the shelf.

The Game of Life 2-6  players
I hate this game. I didn't mind the version I had as a kid. The one from my memory was a bit bubblier and had less math to do. The version Liz got from a thrift store is an older more annoying version. You spend most of the time in debt, stocks are riskier, and in the end you'll probably end up in old folks home. I'd say it's more like real life, but that's misleading. Neither are anything like real life, it's just this one is a tad bleaker and requires more work on the player's part. I play games to have fun, not do stupid work.
This time around didn't treat us too bad. I was a doctor and Liz was a lawyer. I won the lottery and took a polar expedition. Liz got into a number of car accidents. I had no kids and sued Liz. Liz had two boys and got sued by me again. I finished with a little over 3 million. Liz barely cracked a half million.
Even though I crushed it (because I totally had a hand in the matter), I'm still not a fan of this game. This version has a number of little rules that seem pointless, the 1,000 and 5,000 dollar bills are nearly the same color of pink, and there is some creepy clone kid all over the board. They want you to think they are your sons, but that's a lie. There are way too many opportunities for sons than there are daughters. One of them is probably the real son sure, but the rest have been sent to infiltrate and destroy. He's just sitting and waving to lower your guard, draw you in. The army of child clones will kill and your spouse if you don't get enough money to make it into the underground bunker. Now that makes the game interesting.

Tally: 30/152  Bonus: 6/50

No comments: