Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Your Horoscope for Today

We went to Last Call Trivia at the Original Taco House. Liz's sister runs it and we got there early so she joined in on a game to kill time before the "fun" began. We played Bohnanza. Well, we played a half game because trivia had to start. Sarah and I tied.
After trivia, we played a game we keep in the car.

Aquarius 2-5 players
This is a neat little card game about trying to place cards in an array such that you link up 7 symbols of the same element that is on your goal card. It's better with more players since there are cards that let you swap goals and you figure out pretty quick what other players are going for in a two-player game. We tinkered with the deck a bit to get it more playable with two.
In our game, I started with fire. Eventually we figured out that Liz has rainbows and was close to winning. Sarah was able to delay for a bit, but then Liz swapped goals with me and we were both done for. It was a pretty short game.
I wouldn't say I like this game. I don't hate it. It's just never a game that I think to play. I'm willing to play it, but I'm always ready to drop it for another game. It's part of the reason why I leave it in the car. I won't miss it if I'm not near my car, but it will pass the time if I didn't plan ahead and bring a game with me.

Tally: 46/152  Bonus: 12/50

No comments: