Monday, October 26, 2015

Bruised Fruit

We went to Cafe Yumm before going to trivia today. I brought along...

Bananagrams 1-8 players
 
Liz got this game from New Seasons because it was stained. I think the game is kind of stupid. You make words in a free-form Scrabble type fashion until you run out of letters, then you draw one more and you mess with you tableau of words until you run out again, repeat. Of course, if you draw a letter, so does everyone else. If you want to dump a letter you can, but you have to draw three new letters. When enough letters are gone (all but one fewer than the number of players) and someone finished their tableau, the game ends. If all their words are legal, they win. The rules just seems a little silly to me. I'm sure it's a great educational game, but I don't care to play it all that much
I was burning through letters. Near the end, I was dinking around with 1 or 2 tiles, while Liz had piled up to about 7 or 8. In my last few draws, I picked up a J and a Q. This basically stymied me for the rest of the game. Liz rolled out with the win.

Tally: 136/175  Bonus: 34/50

No comments: