Thursday, October 15, 2015

Playing With Food

Emily is in town from Alaska. After picking her up from the airport and showing her the new digs, we met up with some other friends at Squatch for food and games. After eating we played...

Menu Mash-Up 3-7 players
I've stated in this blog that Keyflower is the one game I owned before starting this that I had never played. I lied. I've also never played this. But I wanted to play Keyflower and don't really care for the idea of this game. It seems like a mix of Apples to Apples and Foodie Fight. I can enjoy Apples to Apples, but this just sounds stupid.
One person draws a card to specify what they want to eat. All the other players compile the cards they have to make what sounds like the tastiest version of that. Everyone also has free access to cards with words like, "on" or "with". They turn in their dish to the eater in a fold up menu and the eater picks the tastiest or the one that fits the theme the best. Ugh. So stupid.
Stupid fun that is. Okay, maybe not stupid fun, but still fun. We played enough to give everyone a chance to pick a meal. Liz won. She's the only person who truly understands how picky of an eater I really am. This gave her a large advantage.
The use of multiple cards together in one cohesive unit allows for way more creativity in an answer. You can really personalize what you give them. You still have those cards that you can never seem to pair up, but if you can get creative enough you can find a place. I've seen crazier things work on Chopped.

Tally: 125/174  Bonus: 30/50

No comments: