Thursday, December 31, 2015

Critial Mass

Most of the day was spent playing games or dealing with food. A great day if you ask me. We played Cribbage, Deep Sea Adventure, Hare & Tortoise, and Coconuts. After dinner, Liz helped me wrangle everyone together to play a game or two of...

Two Rooms and a Boom! 6-30 players
I got this in July from a kickstater that a funded a year and a half prior. This was the first opportunity I've had to play it since it plays best with larger numbers of people. Each player gets a card that they keep secret and indicates if they are on the red or blue team. One member of the blue team has a card the says President. One member of the red team has a card that says Bomber. Players are then randomly separated into two rooms. Each room elects a leader and the game starts. The game takes 3 rounds of decreasing time constraints in which players swap color information or full card information and the room leaders determine which hostage(s) to move to the other room at the end of the round. If the Bomber is in the room with the President at the end of the game, the red team wins. If not, the blue team wins.
The first game had an odd number of players so I added the Gambler card. This player is on neither team. If the gambler can guess which team will win before the reveal, the gambler wins. Luckily, I got this card so that a newbie (everyone else) wouldn't be confused. I figured everything out, but didn't notice that the last hostage exchange moved the location of the president. The red team won and I lost. Our second game had an even player count so the gambler was removed. I was on the blue team and had a good thing going, but Jess is a wily puppet master and was able to keep himself (the bomber) in the same room as Liz (the president).
I'm excited to throw in a few more of the character cards to make information sharing even more confusing and secretive. If only this many people wanted to play games every day of my life.

Tally: 161/182  Bonus: 42/50

No comments: