Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Half A Game

After working out, Liz was starving. We planned on going back to Raccoon Lodge, but we noticed that IBU was open so I pulled a U and we stopped in. It was actually their soft open so the menu was a bit smaller. We started with cheese curds and I relearned...

Split 2-6 players
I got this sometime in college as a stocking stuffer. I played it once back then and thought it was stupid. It somehow made it with me to now. I still think it's stupid, but maybe I've playing wrong.
This game plays a little like Go Fish and Rummy, but with a different deck. Imaging taking a deck of standard playing cards and cutting everyone in half. That is the deck you are dealing with. Each player starts with 9 cards and one card is added to the discard pile. On a turn, the player draws a card (or cards from the discard pile rummy style). They can then play (or upgrade) any pairs the have. A pair is any two cards of the same rank (2 and 2 or J and J). The suits of the pair determines the strength of the match: Black/Red is Weak, Red/Red or Black/Black is Strong, and Exact Suit is Perfect. Depending on the strength, the player gets a bonus action. Weak allows a swap of pairs between players. Strong allows the player to draw another card. Perfect allows the player to give another player negative points. Once done playing cards, the player discards a card. Once a player discards their last card or the draw pile runs out, the round ends and all players take negative points for each of their remaining cards. For every match, the players check off the rank on their score sheet. Higher ranks tend to earn more points. After 3 round, the player with the most points wins.
This was the first time we played all 3 rounds. If I'm being honest, I did get a little bit of enjoyment out of it, but it still seemed a little bit fiddly. It's very random, like most card games. I think Carol would like it.

Tally: 152/179  Bonus: 40/50

No comments: