Thursday, December 24, 2015

Fist Full of Bullets

There was a lot of relaxing today. I watched TV and played some video games. Carl brought over the kids and some friends to play games, but had to go deal with his car. This left me to watch the kids play video games. When he came back to pick them up we played a quick game of Splendor. It was very close. I got to 15 points, but Carl was able to play 5 more points to finish with 17.
Once they left, I went back to video games and TV. When Liz got home we opened presents and left for the parents. While walking in the door we saw Sarah putting together the birthday present we got her.

Flick 'em Up! 2-10 players
The first time I saw this game I knew I was getting it for Sarah. She has a habit of flicking pieces around the table, even mid-game. It's a team game where players act as old west cowboys running around town and shooting things up. If you want to move around or shoot things, you have to flick tokens to accomplish them.
Carl and Sarah played the outlaws and Liz and I played the law. The goal of the scenario we played was to kill 3 of the other team's players or have the most points by midnight. Liz and I started losing guys first. Near the end we were able to tie it up. There was a little bit of tension at the end as each of us tried to kill our last man. Carl was the crackshot and finished off the deputy to win the game.
I love this game. It plays well with all numbers of players and has a mess load of scenarios to keep things interesting. I have to work on my flicking form though.

Tally: 153/180  Bonus: 41/50

No comments: