Sunday, December 27, 2015

I've Seen All Good People

Liz and I had the Sunday to lounge. We took it slow, but then planned to go see Star Wars. We stopped at the Mandarin Palace to get food and played...

Chess 2 players
I was on the lookout for a small folding chess board that I could take to restaurants or bars. It's actually quite easy to find that, but harder to find pieces to go with it. I got the board at Red Castle Games and was pleased it had backgammon on the inside. It did not however come with any chess pieces. I figured I would find them online somewhere. That search was fruitless and disappointing. I asked Chuck if he was willing to make a wood set for me and even sent him some specs, but with a kid on the way at the time I wasn't expecting anything. I decided to model my own and have those 3D printed. I like the results, but the queen pieces didn't end up exactly how I planned. It's still completely playable, but it nags at me.
Liz played as white and asked a for reminders a number of times. I made a few mistakes myself, but nothing huge, or at least nothing that Liz took advantage of. I eventually put her in checkmate.
I like the game, but I hate the beginning of the game. I tend to enjoy chess puzzles rather than an actual game of chess.

After the game we saw Star Wars (good) and then took to more relaxing at home. We eventually made it out to the Old Barn to do trivia with Sarah. We got 3rd. That was followed by a game of Biblios and then Hare and Tortoise. I won and Liz won respectively.

Tally: 157/182  Bonus: 42/50

No comments: